The Proof is in the Pumpkin
OK is it just me or does everyone start to crave anything pumpkin related around this time of year? Pumpkin spice latte’s, pumpkin french macaroons, pumpkin caramel ice cream and the list goes. But what about pumpkin in our skin care products? Are there true benefits of using this beautiful orange squash on our skin during this time of year in the Spokane area?
Rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, pumpkin is incredibly healthy. What’s more, its low calorie content makes it a weight-loss-friendly food… talk about a bonus! Its nutrients and antioxidants have been shown to boost your immune system, protect your eyesight, lower your risk of certain cancers and promote heart and skin health.
- Contains fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which are necessary to maintain protection of the skin. They also regulate sebum (oil produced by the skin).
- Contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
- Zinc in pumpkin seeds is beneficial for acne sufferers. Zinc helps control hormone levels and oil production, as well as assists with healing of the skin.
- The molecular structure of pumpkin is small and therefore can penetrate deeper into the skin when used topically. This is amazing for treating a dull complexion, aging skin and pigmentation.
For the month of October, Luxe. Salon and Spa will be offering our Pumpkin Enzyme HydraFacial for $169. The HydraFacial treatment removes dead skin cells and extracts impurities while simultaneously delivering the skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums. By adding the benefits of pumpkin, it naturally helps reduce inflammation and promotes collagen production.
Watch the full video for our Pumpkin Enzyme HydraFacial by clicking the link below.
Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more videos and tutorials!